Madawaska-Victoria Heritage

Madawaska Victoria Museum Network
<    July 2019    >
SMTWTFS
123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031
 

Towns and villages

J.B. Michaud Blacksmith
Saint-François-de-Madawaska and Connors
Address : 2033, Commerciale Street, Saint-François-de-Madawaska, NB E7A 1B3
Phone : (506)992-6050
Email : -
External website : -
Internal Page : http://patrimoinemadvic.com/en/villes.php?cat=Saint-François-de-Madawaska-and-Connors
Description :
Connors was founded by Robert "Bob" Connors whose nickname was “King of the St. John River”. Robert was business man who made his fortune in the forest industry in the 19th century.

The Connors Museum was built in the 1880’s by Robert Connors. It was first located on the shore of the St. John River and moved to its present location in the late 1890’s. Prior to being a museum, it was a general store that operated until the late 1960’s. In 1984, it became “The Connors Museum” and is now displaying many artefacts.

Robert Connors built a small Presbyterian Church in 1892. On October 24, 2001, the church was declared a protected historical site. It is also part of the Connors Museum.

Mainly agricultural, Saint-François-de-Madawaska is an active village. Second oldest community of Madawaska county, Saint-François-de-Madawaska was founded in 1859, even though the first French families arrived in 1825.

Several families from Saint-François-de-Madawaska excelled in the world of business. Even today, Saint-François-de-Madawaska is an important job-creator.


Connors and Saint-François-de-Madawaska are now part of the Greater Rural Community of Upper Madawaska (Communauté rurale du Haut-Madawaska)