Madawaska-Victoria Heritage

Madawaska Victoria Museum Network
<    May 2019    >
SMTWTFS
1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031
 

Towns and villages

Saint-Hilaire
Address : 2190, Centrale Road Saint-Hilaire, NB E3V 1T7
Phone : (506) 258-3307
Email : -
External website : -
Internal Page : http://patrimoinemadvic.com/en/villes.php?cat=Saint-Hilaire
Description :
The municipality of Saint-Hilaire owes its name to Hilaire Cyr who donated land to build the first Catholic church.

Founded in 1869, Saint-Hilaire is one of the oldest parishes in the region.

The Maxime-Albert Complex is a historic house that belonged to Mr. Maxime Albert, at the head of a major network of alcohol smuggling, and his wife.

In 1914, a fire destroyed the first hotel in the village. The same year, it was rebuilt. Behind, there was a stable that served as shelter for the horses of the travelers.
Saint-Hilaire is now part of the Greater Rural Community of Upper Madawaska.